Transfer Funds to a Card
You can transfer funds to the True Link Visa® Prepaid Card in two ways: by using a connected bank account through the True Link website or by initiating a direct deposit from your bank or the cardholder’s employer. Once the funds have landed on the card, the cardholder can begin to make transactions. Please be aware that we cannot accept wire transfers or checks.
In this article, you’ll learn how to transfer funds to a card.
Transfer funds through a connected bank account
If you would like to take advantage of our flexible transfer tools and have visibility into when the card will be funded, we recommend transferring funds through a connected bank account. To do this, go to your administrator dashboard and click on the “Funding” tab.
- If you have more than one connected bank account, find the bank account you would like to use to transfer the funds.
- Select “Schedule recurring transfers” or “Make one-time transfer,” depending on your funding needs.
- Enter the required information and click “Submit.” For recurring transfers, enter how frequently you would like the funds to be transferred.
Once you submit the transfer request, you can view and edit scheduled transfers on the “Funding” tab of the account dashboard, as well as view recent transfers that have been completed. Through this dashboard, you can:
- Cancel a one-time transfer
- Skip a recurring transfer. Note that skipped transfers will continue to appear until the scheduled date has passed.
- Edit an upcoming recurring transfer to a different date or dollar amount.
- Edit the entire recurring transfer series. Note that editing the entire series will also change the "next" transfer. You can review and confirm the updates in the section below titled "Transfers in the next 7 days".
Transfer funds through direct deposit
If you would like to allow an employer to deposit a paycheck to a cardholder’s True Link Visa Card, or if you prefer to initiate a deposit to the Card from your bank, we recommend transferring funds using direct deposit.
To transfer funds using direct deposit, you’ll need the direct deposit information, which can be found by clicking on the “Account” tab of the administrator dashboard.
- At the bottom of the “Account” tab, you will see a section titled “Direct deposit information,” where you will find the routing number and account number for the card.
- Visit to your bank’s website or contact your bank directly to initiate an external transfer to the card’s routing / account number.
- You can also deposit a paycheck from an employer directly to the True Link Visa Card - to do this, provide the True Link routing / account number to the employer.
Once your bank or employer confirms the external bank account, direct deposit will be set up! Funds sent via direct deposit often arrive on the Card within 1 business day. This timeline can take up to five business days depending on your bank or employer, and we recommend contacting them for a more precise estimate.
Below are a few important points to remember about funding through direct deposit:
- Account numbers are unique to each card. If a new or replacement True Link Visa Card is ordered, that Card will have new direct deposit information. Please update the Card information you have on file with your bank or employer.
- If you send funds to the wrong account number, contact us right away. Your funds may be returned to the bank account from which they were sent (e.g., your bank account or the employer’s bank account if the cardholder’s wages are deposited onto a True Link Visa Card) rather than be made available to the cardholder.
- If you try to send funds to a True Link Visa Card that is permanently closed, those funds will be returned to your bank account or employer.